Pursuant to H.B. 1, Art. IX, Section 167, ("Section 167"), the Motor Vehicle Board (Board) will be undertaking a comprehensive review of its substantive and procedural rules which became final prior to September 1, 1997.
1. The Texas Administrative Code ("TAC") citation to each rule section to be reviewed shall be published in the section of the Texas Register devoted to Section 167 agency rule review. The text of the rule will not be published.
2. The Board will accept comments within 20 days of publication of the TAC citation in the Texas Register, concerning the Section 167 requirement as to whether the reason for adopting or readopting the rule continues to exist.
3. Following the 20-day comment period, if no changes are proposed by the Board to the rule section, the rule section will be placed on an open meeting agenda for discussion and consideration of readoption without changes.
4. If, as a result of the comments or Board initiative, there are proposed changes to the rule section, it will go through the amendment process and will be readopted pursuant to all rulemaking requirements in Chapter 2001, Government Code.
5. All rules adopted prior to September 1, 1997 will be reviewed, in accordance with the requirements of Section 167, on the following schedule:
A.-16 TAC-Chapter 101-September 1998
B.- 16 TAC- Chapter 103- September 1998
C.- 16 TAC- Chapter 111- January - March 1999
D.- 16 TAC- Chapter 107- April - June 1999
E.- 16 TAC- Chapter 105- July - September 1999
F.- 16 TAC- Chapter 109- October - December 1999 6. All comments and/or questions should be directed to Brett Bray, Director, Motor Vehicle Division, Texas Department of Transportation, P.O. Box 2293, Austin, Texas 78768-2293.