The Texas Business Organizations Code (BOC) has replaced the following statutes:
- Texas Business Corporation Act
- Texas Non-Profit Corporation Act
- Texas Professional Corporation Act
- Texas Professional Association Act
- Texas Miscellaneous Corporation Laws Act
- Texas Revised Partnership Act
- Texas Revised Limited Partnership Act
- Texas Limited Liability Company Act
- Texas Real Estate Investment Trust Act
- Texas Cooperative Association Act
- Texas Uniform Unincorporated Nonprofit Association Act
Since the mandatory application date of January 1, 2010, the BOC applies to all Texas corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and other domestic filing entities, as well as all foreign filing entities registered to transact business in Texas. The BOC applies regardless of an entity’s formation date or whether the entity has taken affirmative steps to adopt the BOC.
For more information about the history and implementation of the BOC, see our Educational Materials.