Election and Candidate Information
- New May 11, 2013 Election Law Calendar
- Important 2013 Election Dates
- New Important 2014 Primary Election Dates
- Calendar of Important Dates for Candidates for the 2012 Primary and General Elections
- Primary Calendar/Appendices (detailed primary calendar)
- November 6, 2012 Election Law Calendar (detailed November calendar)
- 2012 Procedures for Candidates
The Secretary of State is the chief election officer for the State of Texas. The Secretary of State’s Elections Division provides assistance and advice to election officials on the proper conduct of elections. This includes hosting seminars and elections schools, providing calendars, ballot certification, primary election funding, and legal interpretations of election laws to election officials. We also provide assistance to the general public on voter registration and other election issues through our 1-800 toll-free number, 1-800-252-VOTE (8683), and via the Internet.
The Elections Division administers and maintains the Texas Election Administration Management (TEAM) System, which is an online, HAVA compliant, voter registration application designed for county officials to maintain accurate and efficient voter registration rolls. Currently, over 200 counties utilize the TEAM application to maintain their daily voter registration requirements. The remaining counties comply with current state and HAVA requirements by updating the state database on a daily basis through a file transfer.
Note: Free software such as Adobe® Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher may be required in order to view PDF files included on this page.