- Selecting a Business Structure
- Business Start-Up Information
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Registered Agents
- Name Availability
Already have a business?
The Corporations Section is responsible for the receipt, filing and permanent maintenance and retention of documents that create or affect business organizations and non-profit entities under the following Texas statutes:
- Assumed Business or Professional Name Act
- Business Organizations Code
- Finance Code Chapters 62, 92, 201
- Probate Code § 105A
- Tax Code Chapter 171
- Various other enabling statutes for the creation of entities
In addition, the Section reviews state trade and service mark applications pursuant to Chapter 16, Business & Commerce Code.
The Section also provides records information by telephone and email and provides plain and certified copies upon request. Although the Section continues to accept documents by fax and mail, an increasing number of documents are received through electronic submission on SOSDirect.
For questions regarding specific information not found on our website or contact information for specific areas of the Section, please Contact Us.