- New Acceptable Forms of Identification (PDF)
- Template Press Release (English) (Spanish)
- Notice of Acceptable Identification Poster (English)
8.5x14 | 11x17 | 24x36
- Notice of Acceptable Identification Poster (Spanish)
8.5x14 | 11x17 | 24x36
- Seminar Presentations
From upcoming election information to registering to vote, VoteTexas.gov makes sure you count.
- New Find my polling place
- New Photo ID Requirements
- Am I Registered to Vote?
- How to Register to Vote
- Military/Overseas Voters
- Student Voters
- Voters With Special Needs
- Early Voting
November 4, 2014 General Election
- New Early Voting Totals
- New Election Night Returns
- Sample Ballot (PDF)
- General Election Ballot Certification (PDF)
- Ballot Certification Reports for all Texas Counties (PDF)
- Write In Ballot Certification (PDF)
- Libertarian Party Ballot Certification(PDF)
- Green Party Ballot Certification (PDF)
- Statewide and District Races with Candidates
- Libertarian Party Candidate List
- Green Party Candidate List
- Side-by-Side List of Candidates
- Candidate Contact Information
- Constitutional Amendment on the November 4 Ballot
- Proposition Ballot Certification (PDF)
- Proposition Explanatory Statement
- House Research Organization Amendments Proposed (PDF)
- Texas Legislature Council Analyses of Proposed Constitutional Amendments (PDF)
November 4, 2014 House District 16 Special Election
Election and Candidate Information
The Secretary of State is the chief election officer for the State of Texas. The Secretary of State’s Elections Division provides assistance and advice to election officials on the proper conduct of elections. This includes hosting seminars and elections schools, providing calendars, ballot certification, primary election funding, and legal interpretations of election laws to election officials. We also provide assistance to the general public on voter registration and other election issues through our 1-800 toll-free number, 1-800-252-VOTE (8683), and via the Internet.
The Elections Division administers and maintains the Texas Election Administration Management (TEAM) System, which is an online, HAVA compliant, voter registration application designed for county officials to maintain accurate and efficient voter registration rolls. Currently, over 200 counties utilize the TEAM application to maintain their daily voter registration requirements. The remaining counties comply with current state and HAVA requirements by updating the state database on a daily basis through a file transfer.
Note: Free software such as Adobe® Acrobat Reader 6.0 or higher may be required in order to view PDF files included on this page.