Here are the instructions for use when emailing unmarked ballots to MOVE voters. When you are emailing the balloting materials to a MOVE voter, you should take the following steps:
- Paste MOVE Act Email Ballot Instructions into the email.
The MOVE Act Email Ballot Instructions form contains several instances where you, the early voting clerk, will need to add attachments and personalize the email to make sure that MOVE voters receive all instructions necessary for completing and returning their marked ballots, as appropriate for your county.
- Attach Ballot or Insert a Link to the Ballot and List of Write-In Candidates (if applicable).
You (the early voting clerk) will need to attach an Unmarked Ballot (appropriate to the voter’s specific precinct) and the List of Write-In Candidates, if applicable. You may insert a link to the unmarked ballot, as the ballot is “static” which means that voter can mark and print their ballot without being connected to the internet.
- Attach all applicable instructions.
Don’t forget to include the ballot instructions for the applicable method of voting: optical scan (PDF) or hand-counted (PDF), write-in voting instructions, and either the signature sheet (PDF) or carrier envelope instructions (PDF) as prescribed by the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Insert county contact information in the attached notice to voter.
In the email instructions to the voter, include your county’s telephone number, email and mailing address in the designated areas for MOVE voters to use if they need additional assistance in completing or returning their marked ballot by mail.
- The county may provide the voter with a signature sheet OR require the completed ballot to be returned in a carrier envelope
- The county has two choices with regard to the carrier envelope, if used:
(1) You may rely on the voter to print the carrier envelope on his or her own from the link provided on the email or (2) If the county has access to the appropriate software and the technological ability, you may include as an attachment with the unmarked ballot a carrier envelope file that has the Voter’s name in the upper left hand corner and your county’s return mailing address to assist the MOVE voter in returning their marked ballot by mail.
Last Updated: April 9, 2014