Memo Sent Via Email
ATTN: County Clerks, Elections Administrators, Cities, Schools and Other Political Subdivisions
The Texas Online Poll Worker Training for the May 2016 Uniform and Primary Runoff Elections is now available to you and your poll workers. This web-based curriculum mirrors the Handbook for Election Judges and Clerks and will train your poll workers about polling place procedures. In addition to the information found in the handbook, there are test questions, real life case studies/exercises to resolve and other interactive features such as voting equipment simulations specific to your county. The online training is available free of charge, 24/7, for all your poll workers. They can take the training anytime and anywhere they have Internet access.
Important Note: If you have ever been registered as an Administrator in the past, you will continue to use your old password to log-in to the site. If you are new to the site, your password will be onlinetraining. After your initial log-in, you will be prompted to change your password.
As an administrator, you can register poll workers into the system as well as access other features on our online training site. Administrators can track individual or group progress via easy-to-create reports. The reports also include questions most frequently missed in the testing. If you choose to offer online training and in-person training, the test results will help you prioritize your presentation at your in-person training.
Getting Your Poll Workers into the Online Training Program can be accomplished one of two ways:
- You can enter them via the "Manage Poll Workers" link, located in the left-hand navigation once you get to the administrator section, or
- Your poll workers can self-register into the system. In order to self-register, your poll workers need to go to a different URL www.texaspollworkertraining.com/signup and select their county. You may wish to print and distribute to your poll workers a notice with the URL. Once registered, the poll worker will receive an email introducing the online training and have immediate access to the training site.
Face to Face Training Scheduling feature: (also available in pdf as a guide)
This feature allows you to set up face to face training sessions and have your election workers register themselves into one of the sessions. From the administrations section of the site you can:
- create a new training location and specific training sessions at that location;
- update information on an existing training location;
- delete a training session or entire training location;
- register authorized users to access the class lists for each session;
- register individuals for sessions; and
- print class lists for each session.
Remember, if your poll workers don't have an email address, you can create one for them using one of the free providers such as Gmail, or Yahoo.
If you have any content questions about the Online Poll Worker Training, please email a member of the Special Projects Team or call toll free at 1.800.252.2216. For technical questions, click on the “Live Chat” feature found under the “Help” button at the bottom of the home page or email the HAVA Partners Support Desk.